Tuesday 14 August 2007

First Missive

Tuesday August 14 2007



Welcome to Russofile007. This will be an occasional record of thoughts, opinions, responses to experiences and- perhaps - comments on newsworthy topics emanating from events mostly in Russia and Eastern Europe (where I spend much of my time), and my own personal interests and opinions.



As someone who writes for a living I may be disinclined to post frequent or regular comments or items but I shall aspire to post on such subjects as news and current affairs, social and political matters, film and education, Russian and Eastern European affairs and other passing interests as they flit across my attention span and enthusiasm radar.



This is an experiment and no doubt shall evolve and change as we go along.



For those interested in reading earlier professional writing I can suggest checking out my book about Russia during Yeltsin's years: "Moscow The Beautiful and the Damned - Life in Russia in Transition" (publisher: Andre Deutsch, London 2000 & second edition 2003) or Googling stories I have written over the years in papers that include the Sunday Telegraph, the Times Higher Education Supplement, the Hollywood Reporter and many others.

For those interested the following link will take yo to the Amazon uk listing for my book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moscow-Beautiful-Damned-Russia-Transition/dp/0233996796/ref=sr_1_2/202-3015045-6848601?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187120122&sr=8-2



I'll be in Sarajevo this coming weekend for the first few days of the Sarajevo Film Festival and shall try to find time to post a blog or two from there.



Cheers for now - Nick Holdsworth blogger of 'Russofile007'

No comments: